BEES project - Breeding, Education, Environment and Skills
The BEES project was about bringing together beekeepers from across South East Wales to:-
- Explore and develop a local/regional Queen Bee breeding programme to supply a quality bee with good characteristics and survivability to meet the needs of the local market.
- Raise awareness of bee’s, beekeeping and its importance to biological systems and diversity with organisations, schools and the general public
- Work Co-operatively to facilitate the sharing of skills, ideas and best practice between beekeepers.
The project co-operated with three LAG areas (Local Action Groups)
– Vale of Usk (Monmouthshire and Newport)
– Cwm a Mynydd (Caerphilly and Blaenau Gwent)
– Rural Action MRCT (Merthyr and Rhondda Cynon Taff)
Our other projects
Take a look at our completed and ongoing projects in Monmouthshire.
Carbon Literacy for Communities
The Carbon Literacy Project is an internationally recognised peer to peer training programme that promotes climate change understanding and empowers i
Farm Options Study
To conduct a study into the potential future uses of a Monmouthshire county farm. The tenancy of the farm lapses, without a renewal requirement in e
MCBT Educational Boat
The Community Boat project aims to renovate a canal barge and base the boat on the Monmouthshire Brecon Canal at Goytre Wharf, from where it would
Cluster Schools Education Project
The Aim of the project is to develop an active partnership with local schools and Abergavenny Food Forum. It is intended to develop a circular pilot
Building Resource for Farm Enterprise
The overall aim is to develop a pilot programme to support the local food economy so that more food consumed in Monmouthshire is produced in the regi
Farming Community Network Exhibition Unit
Farming Community Network (FCN) has obtained funding for a mobile facility to assist farming families and rural communities and offer them help with n