Theme 2: Facilitating pre-commercial development & business partnerships
The Aim of the Study was ‘To provide valuable insight and future thinking to guide economic growth in Monmouthshire in order to address current economic issues and capitalise on the forthcoming regional opportunities’
The study was made to identify and provide:
- A detailed observational study of the accommodation and locational needs of the identified growth sectors;
- An assessment of the suitability and deliverability of existing employment sites as identified by the Local Development Plan
- Identify other potential employment sites
- An indication of the skills sets required to address the growth sector needs and whether it is feasible for Monmouthshire citizens to meet these needs or whether the County needs to look to attract labour from elsewhere, if so where?
- An assessment of:
* Whether current population levels can sustain the economic growth required in the county
* The potential inward migration required to develop and sustain the identified growth sectors.
- The residential growth required to support the identified population needs
- Potential locations for a new settlement that can be put forward as options for consideration in the LDP revision
- Modelled scenarios and associated targets, to include current and predicted geodemographic analysis;
- The additional infrastructure required to service the changing demographic and economic landscape over and above residential and commercial property;
- Potential growth and development opportunities for the county and an assessment of the identified economic and population impact on existing retail sectors;
- Impact of inward migration on indigenous population and house prices and the mitigation required to offset any negative impact;
• A draft, scalable inward investment strategy that will determine the most cost effective method to attract these new growth sectors into Monmouthshire
The total project cost was £40,000 depending on the tender submissions with match funding of £20,000- Planning Department, Monmouthshire County Council.
Contract was awarded to the BE Group for £33, 481.50 and was commenced on the 1st January 2018.
Our other projects
Take a look at our completed and ongoing projects in Monmouthshire.
Pen y Cae (off grid energy study)
The aim for this funding is to produce a costed feasibility study for an off-grid property which will become a small bothy-style centre for residentia
Master Planning for Heat Networks
To undertake an energy mapping and modelling study of The Vale of Usk area to identify potentially useful heating, cooling and power demand loads and
IoT and Independent Living
To pilot digital solutions enabling individuals with care needs to live safely and independently at home. At the same time, there are still areas w
Robotics in the Community
The aim is to carry out a pilot for an outreach community education programme to help technologically-vulnerable people adjust to new technologies and
Tintern Abbey Trail Project
This project will develop and install a iBeacon trail around Tintern. Locations, with stories relating to Tintern Abbey, will be identified for a shor
St Mary’s Priory Centre Project
The Priory Church of St Mary was originally a Benedictine priory founded in 1087 dissolved in 1538 then became the Parish Church of Abergavenny by gif