|The feasibility study investigated the production, marketing and sale of locally produced wild venison in and around the Wye Valley AONB. The study area included woodlands experiencing highest impact from deer between Symonds Yat, Chepstow and Wentwood. It investigated where wild venison is processed and sold, and how it is marketed. Also whether there is an opportunity to develop local marketing for wild venison and what gaps need to be covered to ensure the venison can be sourced, processed and marketed locally, using the benefit to woodland habitats as a marketing tool.
Recommendations produced within the study inform future work on the local wild venison supply chain and further applications for funding to enable this work. It is hoped that this will enhance the economic benefit locally to all those within the venison supply chain, including woodland managers, stalkers, butchers, distributors and retailers.
The cost of the project is £10,020 with the RDP contribution being £4,800
Our other projects
Take a look at our completed and ongoing projects in Monmouthshire.
Pen y Cae (off grid energy study)
The aim for this funding is to produce a costed feasibility study for an off-grid property which will become a small bothy-style centre for residentia
Master Planning for Heat Networks
To undertake an energy mapping and modelling study of The Vale of Usk area to identify potentially useful heating, cooling and power demand loads and
IoT and Independent Living
To pilot digital solutions enabling individuals with care needs to live safely and independently at home. At the same time, there are still areas w
Robotics in the Community
The aim is to carry out a pilot for an outreach community education programme to help technologically-vulnerable people adjust to new technologies and
Tintern Abbey Trail Project
This project will develop and install a iBeacon trail around Tintern. Locations, with stories relating to Tintern Abbey, will be identified for a shor
St Mary’s Priory Centre Project
The Priory Church of St Mary was originally a Benedictine priory founded in 1087 dissolved in 1538 then became the Parish Church of Abergavenny by gif