We would love to hear from you.
01633 748 316
Monmouthshire County Council has been awarded £2.79M of Rural Development Programme (RDP) money from the European Union and the Welsh Government. The funding will aid the delivery of the LEADER programme (one of the RDP programmes) in Monmouthshire and rural Newport.
LEADER is a community led programme which aims to improve the quality of life and prosperity of rural areas through the delivery of locally inspired and delivered projects. LEADER offers wide scope for local communities to develop new ideas by delivering projects that are distinctive, innovative, involve partners and represent good value for money. All projects will be considered by the Local Action Group (LAG) a body of volunteers who have also developed the Local Development Strategy (located in the Downloads section).
For LEADER projects the maximum contribution from RDP money will be up to 80% of the total eligible costs. The remaining 20% of the eligible costs will need to be met by your organisation/group. The remaining 20% can be provided in the form of either cash or in kind contributions from the public, private or third sectors.
The Rural Development Programme is based on a community led local development method called the LEADER approach.
The Vale of Usk region is defined by the rural areas or wards of Newport and Monmouthshire and also includes a number of semi-rural centres that provide important services to the adjoining rural wards; these are called service centres and are entitled to partial funding opportunities.
These articles give details of all the projects that are currently being worked on, and those that have been completed.
The Local Action Group (LAG) is a group constituted circa ten years ago to oversee the delivery of previous Rural Development Programmes. At a meeting in mid-2014 the group approved Monmouthshire County Council as Administrative Body for the RDP LEADER programme.
Rural Development Programme (RDP) funding can be used to help rural communities and rural businesses who have new ideas and potential projects that will help grow our rural economy and increase future prosperity.
These are some case studies from projects successfully delivered during the past six years of the Rural Development Programme. Please note that these projects may not be representative for this new LEADER programme.